MyLife (The Life of Jimmy Bui)

The purpose of me using blogger is so that I can record my interesting escapades that I encounter through my life. I've had interesting trips, met interesting people, done interesting things, and such but no place to record them! I'll slowly edit my profile online so that perhaps I can continue to meet interesting people more down the line. I could've done a journal but then I wouldn't be able to share them.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA

Monday, June 12, 2006

My Very Short Salsa Hiatus

I didn't last very long during my hiatus however this is a log of my thoughts during the whole even. Officially the whole hiatus lasts only 31 days.

Day 0 - Tuesday. My last day of salsa dancing was at the GK. I don't recall dancing at all that night. A great way to begin my hiatus.

Day 4 - Saturday. I visited the Tech museum and played with a machine that played salsa music. Coincidence? It does not phase me however girlfriend thinks it's a sign that I should be dancing tonight.

Day 6 - Monday. I start wondering whether or not it was a good idea to stop dancing for 8 weeks.

Day 8 - Wednesday. A friend calls me and says she just found out that I won't be salsa dancing for 2 months. She says she wants to dance with me and asks what she can do to pursuade me to break my hiatus. I tell her if I told her it would ruin the fun. She comes up with nothing and so I dodge the bullet.

Day 9 - Thursday. A coworker asks what salsa dancing is so I show him some salsa videos from the Mayan Competition. He also asks me to play salsa music all day so he can have a feel of what salsa music is. I am now distraught and was close to doing a double turn in the office kitchen.

Day 10 - Friday. Girlfriend says she wants me to go salsa dancing tonight or else she'll be the third wheel with her sister and her boyfriend. She also says she can't believe I'm saying no to her. The reality sets in for her that I'm not going dancing with her for the next 7 weeks.

Day 11 - Saturday. I'm anxious to salsa dance and I'm doing my best to hold back. Girlfriend says we have to go to a baptism party of of her friends. We enjoy eating and Banda music for most of the day. Later in the night the DJ plays one salsa song. I dance my heart out, almost knocking girlfriend to the ground due to my ecstasy. I satisfy my salsa craving without breaking the rules I gave to myself.

Day 17 - Friday. I last through a week not too interested in salsa dancing. Girlfriend tries to seduce me to get me to take her out salsa dancing. We discuss the possibility of lingerie to motivate me. her hopes are lost when I tell her I'd rather be at home playing video games. She calls me names, one of which is I'm a big baby.

Day 19 - Sunday. I'm over at the girlfriend's house and by chance watch some show on telemundo on dancing like dancing with the stars. I wonder why I haven't gone out dancing this weekend. I keep my thoughts to myself as to not give girlfriend ammunition to bring me out of my hiatus.

Day 25 - Saturday. A break in my salsa hiatus. I was hoping my break would be a full blown ecstasy with different partners for every song however all is lost when I realize I am with my girlfriend that won't le me dance with anyone else yet. I go home satisfied but without the multiple salsa orgasm I should have gotten.

Day 30 - Thursday. My first attempt at salsa dancing without the girlfriend. All is lost when the girlfriend say will be at Miami's anyway. Night was actually good. Jose dances with her and her sister, giving me the breathing space to socialize and dance with someone other than girlfriend. I leave satisfied.

Day 31 - Friday. Hot Salsa Friday. Had a discussion with girlfriend about how she's not happy when I go out with other girls to salsa dance, or plan to. Informed girlfriend that I will be going out dancing by myself and select Dance Spectrum as my venue of choice. I haven't been here since 2004 I think. I actually dance with strangers, one of which was a really tall girl that looked like she was one of those dancing monkeys with the symbles, from the way she did her basic steps. Ronaldo finds me outside and says he wants to watch me dance. A person conventiently asks me to dance while Ronaldo was busy with another person. Almost had a salsa heart attack with this person. Later danced with a hottie name Samantha that had an outfit that reminded me of lingerie. I wonder, at that moment, if single life would be better or not. I end my salsa hiatus, finally satisfied with multiple salsa orgasms that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home