MyLife (The Life of Jimmy Bui)

The purpose of me using blogger is so that I can record my interesting escapades that I encounter through my life. I've had interesting trips, met interesting people, done interesting things, and such but no place to record them! I'll slowly edit my profile online so that perhaps I can continue to meet interesting people more down the line. I could've done a journal but then I wouldn't be able to share them.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA

Friday, May 05, 2006

A WHOLE Weekend with the Girlfriend

I think this was the first weekend I spent the whole time doing something with a girlfriend.


What's the point of being in a relationship? Is it the make-out sessions? The company? Support? Sex? What?


As I pondered the time spent with my girlfriend one of the first things that came to mind was:


I won't be dancing with anyone else for a long time.


My girlfriend is totally capable of salsa dancing however she isn't a pro...and I feel that I'm a salsa snob for even bringing that up however I do not feel challenged enough when I dance with her. It would be nice to be able to spread my "wings" and really take flight when I'm dancing. With all the time and weekends spent with her (I'm deducing this isn't going to be the last weekend) it'll be awhile before I can actually do this. However with time, I think, she will become better and more accustomed to slot-based salsa dancing.


I think most people can relate when it comes to relationships in dancing. Unless both of you are really good or know a lot of people in the dancing community where you can dance with people other than together, you're pretty much stuck. None of my girlfriend's friends are salsa dancers like Darci, Giana, Ruby, etc. just to name a few.


Comparing, I was thinking in my head what a relationship with a strong salsa dancer would be like, and immediately I thought to Ana from Miami. My adventures with her in Miami was probably a good example of how, if, the scenario would look if I had a girlfriend that was hot into salsa dancing; she'd dance a few songs with me here and there but most of the night would be spent dancing with other people. This would be good for me because at least both of us can enjoy salsa dancing at our desired levels, which is me dancing a few songs and watching for most of the night whereas my counterpart can dance the night away without being pulled down. We'd both have fun throughout the night then of course at the end of the night we'd head home for own private dance routine. Haha. Anyway...


I spoke to Jose about my thoughts, to which he said "what's wrong with that? Do you ever see me dancing with I'm not with Sandra?" I suppose I'm supposed to weigh in the other relationship benefits but man I was tired after this whole weekend.


As silly as it was, I didn't hate the time spent with her but kind of wished I had more time to play video games. Yeah I know, anxious to play a game? How nerdy.


So what did I do that was so exhausting?


Friday:
7:30 - 1:00am
Girlfriend met at my place and we drove by motorcycle to Pzano's in Castro Valley to have pizza dinner with Tanushka and friends. had pineapple n' ham pizza. No one likes it except Ben. Watched Final Fantasy Advent Children when we got back home.


Saturday:
10:00 - 12:00pm
Girlfriend watched "Having Fun w/ Dick and Jane." Girlfriend laughs at all the Mexican related jokes. Worked on salsa on computer while she was watching. Caught up with MySpace.


12:00pm - 8:00pm
Lunch at Super Taqueria. Had my first Torta. It's like a hamburger. Drove on motorcycle to down south. Dinner at a vietnamese noodle place. Dropped girlfriend off. I go back to playing Ghost Recon. I repeat the same location over and over because I keep getting shot at.


9:00pm
While playing video games, girlfriend calls me and asks if I was ready. "Ready for what" I ask. "For dancing!" says she wants to go salsa dancing because her brother wants to go out. She says to be ready in an hour.


11:30pm - 12:30am
Salsa dancing. Had to hold hands with girlfriend the whole time. Wondered if I could lose girlfriend during the night so I can dance with other people. All hope is lost when I realized I'm stuck...bad.


Sunday:
11:00am - 1:00pm
Girlfriend comes over with free boxes of "Bimbo" snacks. Girlfriend watches "Waiting" while I go online and catch up on some MySpace.


1:00pm - 6:00pm
Went to Fry's Electronics to buy a fan and nearly splurged more money on a printer. Had lunch at Super Taqueria and had a horchata while eating leftover beans from girlfriend's wrap. Took girlfriend to a supermarket so she could buy lamb meat, dropped her off at her brother's.


6:00 - 10:00pm
Cooked food for weekend while playing Ghost Recon. Pot full of pasta overflowed because I was too occupied popping a m203 grenade into a Technical. The Americans live for another day. Yes!


10:00 - 1:00am
Dinner at her brother's place while watching a Sonora Carruseles video with women gyrating hips. Got dizzy watching the closeups of hips moving on the projector. Her sister wants me to dance with her while giving her a "Salsa Techniques 101" lesson. 2-year old niece watches on while saying "oh my god" every so often. I leave with free leftovers.


1:00am
Girlfriend is tired from cooking all afternoon and is sleepy. I tell her she can sleep over even though I work the next morning. Took shower to return to sleeping girlfriend in bed. I sleep on floor with nothing but a pillow.


7:45am
Somehow worked my way in my bed during the night. Woke up with girlfriend latched to me while girlfriend smooched me awake. Our clothes are still on...I lived another day with no sex. Yes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home