MyLife (The Life of Jimmy Bui)

The purpose of me using blogger is so that I can record my interesting escapades that I encounter through my life. I've had interesting trips, met interesting people, done interesting things, and such but no place to record them! I'll slowly edit my profile online so that perhaps I can continue to meet interesting people more down the line. I could've done a journal but then I wouldn't be able to share them.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA

Thursday, April 06, 2006

How The Boys Pimp

One of my biggest challenges is that I go dancing to just...dance. As much as I come to a club and I may be attracted to girl, I come off more as a guy serious about salsa dancing and less interested in hooking up. So typically I don't show any interest in anyone unless I'm interested in them...black and white.

With my homies Jose and octavio it's not black and white. On our drive up to Glas Kat I learned some interesting methods to how they get so many girls interested in them, or their ability to get numbers.

I Sometimes think back to the movie "40 Year Old Virgin" because of a comment that Andy makes that practically sums up how I act occasionally:

"I respect women. I respect them so much that I'm afraid to talk to them!"

I respect women too much, especially when it comes to dancing. Too proper and professional. So how do the guys do it?

"Well the important thing is you want to dance with these women as if you're really interested in sleeping with them" Jose tells me. Apparently my problem is my interest in practicing abstinence until the next ice age.

It's okay to flirt with someone physically, how you move or touch them but more importantly you want to express the aura that you're interested in having sex with them...and you'll be damn good at it.

"The important thing is to keep them guessing" Jose continues to add. Dance with them, thank them for dancing with you, and walk away.

Aggressiveness is a turn-off for most women, so the purpose is to give some breathing room for her to think about you but also to wonder whether or not you'll be interested in them.

Thinking back, there have been times where I've danced with someone a little bit closer than most, which resulted in them having more of an interest in me...even if I wasn't focused on getting to know them more.

That doesn't mean you're supposed to forget about her!" Octavio adds. Ask her to dance sometime later in the night after you've danced with a few other people. For obvious reasons, going back to asking her to dance repeatedly (but spaced out) would show that you're still thinking of her...or at least interested in her.

So now I have learned some additional skills to practice with. Perhaps *you* have learned something also!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home