MyLife (The Life of Jimmy Bui)

The purpose of me using blogger is so that I can record my interesting escapades that I encounter through my life. I've had interesting trips, met interesting people, done interesting things, and such but no place to record them! I'll slowly edit my profile online so that perhaps I can continue to meet interesting people more down the line. I could've done a journal but then I wouldn't be able to share them.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA

Monday, April 24, 2006

Procreation. Is it Needed?

My recent challenge was the thought of having kids with a woman that already has kids of her own.

The thought of having children with a woman is the last thing on my mind, especially when I'm still new within my career field and I have no wife as of yet. However one of the first things that come to mind is that I *should* have babies....more because of some stupid mindset that I should continue the Bui bloodline for another generation or else my family line ends with me. Not a strong argument I know.

What drives a person to want to have children? The joys of having a little one to care for? The satisfaction of watching a child grow to adulthood? Or something technical like having a blood line that continues and makes us proud?

I don't want children, at least not yet. If I had children right now it would be, by far, the biggest challenge I have encountered in time management. Do my parents want me to have kids? Fortunately they've never asked me when I was going to give them grandchildren.

What if the situation is when you are with a person that already has children (from another marriage, past relationships, etc.)? Would they be interested in having children with you? Do you even *want* to have children with them, thus upping the number of children the person has beared?

I would feel young and immature next to a person that has children already. It takes a lot of maturity to properly take care of kids....frankly I would feel stupid around them (very much like how some people who are not good at salsa dancing, dancing with someone who is really good. They either feel stupid or intimidated).

Is it right to justify one's self for having children? Is having kids so that your bloodline continues *really* a good justification? I agree that you should have a good reason for bringing in a new human being into life; but who's to say your reason or my reason for having kids appropriate or not?

A friend once told me that having kids isn't something that is planned for, it just happens and then you have to take up that responsibility. I suppose it is that same way for some people. You really can't justify your reason for having a child, because it was unplanned for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home