MyLife (The Life of Jimmy Bui)

The purpose of me using blogger is so that I can record my interesting escapades that I encounter through my life. I've had interesting trips, met interesting people, done interesting things, and such but no place to record them! I'll slowly edit my profile online so that perhaps I can continue to meet interesting people more down the line. I could've done a journal but then I wouldn't be able to share them.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Jose, CA

Monday, June 12, 2006

A Night Out as A Single

Finally, a chance to go out dancing without the girlfriend! As usual, blogs are funner to write when there's no girlfriend! Wednesday is the the only night out of the week where I can go salsa dancing without the girlfriend, as I see her every weekend so far. Octavio called me to say that it's his birthday this week and he'll be celebrating all this week and next week for his big 30 age change. I asked him:

Me: "So do all Mexicans celebrate their birthdays for two weeks?"

Octavio: "Of course buddy!"



Octavio and Felicia

So after a nice gym workout I was so tired that I wanted to just relax at home. With the motivation in my head that this is my rare chance to salsa dance without the girlfriend, I somehow had a surge of energy to go, so off I went. I also knew that because of the dance troupe competition in San Francisco, the place was going to be less than pact...which means plenty of dance space for me. I got excited even before I got to the club!

I got to the club at about 9:00, the time that octavio was there with Felicia and her mom. He almost bought me a shot of tequila to celebrate however I was fortunate enough to dodge the bullet. After the salsa lesson was over I stood around wondering if I will be able to dance. I spoke to Felicia's mom on whether or not she could dance, but she said she wanted to learn. Stupid me, that was a hint she wanted me to dance with her! However I never took the welcome! Instead I danced with Felicia after Octavio was done with her.

One might say I got sloppy seconds but no no, that phrase doesn't exist in salsa. I observed that Felicia was pretty stiff so I told her to "relax." "I'm sorry, i'm just really nervous dancing with you!" she says. She's never danced with me before so I can understand.

Afterwards I danced with a stranger that kept looking at my direction. There were two of them, a cute one and a okay one. The cute one had a lot of guys approach her for the odd 10 minutes that the floor was open to dancing, but rather than ask her I asked the friend.

I got the usual line of questioning: "How long have you been dancing?" "Are you an instructor by chance?" "Where do you teach at?" "How much is it?" "When is it?" etc. etc.

She asked for my card and luckily I had a couple to give. After giving my card she says "I heard of this. I tried going to it a couple of months ago!" Ahh, the work of J Smooth Salsa. People know the organization but not the man behind it! Just how I like it.

Anyway, so afterwards I was standing around again and saw that RubyRumbera was standing by herself. Since she was the one that requested a friend request here, I figured it'd be nice to make some small talk with her.



Ruby

After some talk Ruby tells me she's looking for someone to substitute her partner Edmundo for the next two Fridays at Carribean Gardens on Fridays, because he's going to be in LA. I told her sure, I have no plans. After some thought, this would be a good way for me to get to know the staff at the place and have some time away from the girlfriend on Fridays. Yes!

So she runs off to teach some folks Bachata while I hang out. In from the entrance was this one woman that *always* dresses really nice in a style that is unique at Agenda. The thing is, this is the same woman that masticates her gum constantly while she dances. She still a hottie though.



Gum-Chewing Hottie & Ruby

I danced with her a cha-cha and a salsa song. She does pretty well following, but she wasn't chewing when I was dancing with her. I guess she chews early in the night.

I was wondering whether or not I would see Esmeralda or not, as she tends to frequent the place. As for Sandra, the one that caused a wedge between Esmeralda and I, called me two weeks ago I think to see what I was up to. I had thought they stopped talking to one another but I found that they both went to Agenda the Wednesday before the Cinco de Mayo weekend. Good thing I didn't go.



Esmeralda and Sandra

However the person I *did* see was frickin' Bartender girl. When you look at her, I realize that she has a face that's long as a horse. Jose likes to call her Piranha because of the way her teeth points outward when you look at them. Ew. No need to put her picture here.


 
Sketch of Bartender Girl

I was watching her dance Merengue with Octavio and she tends to lift her knees up, kinda like she's marching or doing the Mariachi. Either way, it looks ugly.

Continuing to sit down, a bit tired from standing all day, when all of a sudden I saw this really hot girl in white jeans and one of those tops that covers the whole front but not the back, dancing on the right side of my vision. She kind of reminded me of Vanessa, a girl I had a crush in colelge, from the way she had her brown hair tied back. I was watching her hips move when I should've been looking at her face. However when I did I realized that I know this person...except in black hair:



Ricardo? and Rosa

It's been awhile I suppose since I've been dancing. Now that I know it's Rosa, I remember that Octavio had a huge interest in her and they were talking and such more. Why was Octavio hanging out with Piranha instead of her? Rosa looks so much better than Felicia or Piranha.

I spoke to Jose about this on Thursday morning, to which he told me that he has observed that Octavio is afraid of committment, because he was burned bad once from his break-up with his ex-wife (no kids fortunately). So I guess he surrounds himself with non-standard women because if they reject him, he won't feel bad.

Anyway, funny thing is Rosa actually came up to me and said hi...then again I'm never at the club so i don't see her very often. So I ask her to dance and we dance for two songs and she's actually really good at keeping up. I've never danced with her before either, however I've watched her dance when I frst saw her months ago and she was only so-so. She actually did well keeping up with me.

She also looked right at me when we danced. Usually when I dance someone I've never danced with before they either look down at their feet, or they're concentrating so hard they don't even notice me. However, I could tell that she was focused on me...maybe she's interested in me? Oh wait, I have a girlfriend! I can't be thinking like that!

After thanking her for the dance, I told her she's gotten better. "Little by little" she responds and off she went.

By 11:10pm rolled around I didn't see anyone else I know roll in. I figured it was time to head home. Before I did I had to pick up Jose's DVDs from Martine, whom was standing in the back near the restrooms. One my way towards that area three girls by the bar turned to look at me while I was going back. I kinda smiled and continued on my way and spoke to Martine, to which he went off to get the dvds for me. While I was standing there, one of the girls turned and was looking at me while talking to her friends. So, I turned around to see whether or not there was a TV behind me or anyone else behind me...nope. So I guess I still got it, even if I have a girlfriend! Yay!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home